Literacy Volunteers of Greater Syracuse tries to make the learning experience as beneficial as possible and in keeping with that mission have supplied the following links for your use. If you know of a link that you do not see that may be of interest, please submit it to us for review (firstname.lastname@example.org) and perhaps we will post it for others to enjoy as well.
- Onondaga Citizens League The World at Our Doorstep For information about refugee resettlement in Onondaga County.
- Literacy Coalition of Onondaga County – The mission of the Literacy Coalition of Onondaga County is to build and support community initiatives that raise literacy levels across the lifespan in Onondaga County.
- Literacy New York – Literacy New York advocates on behalf of adult literacy at the state and federal level, utilizes public relations and marketing efforts to further the cause of adult literacy, and engages in effective resource development efforts to support adult literacy.
- ProLiteracy – ProLiteracy champions the power of literacy to improve the lives of adults and their families, communities, and societies. We envision a world in which everyone can read, write, compute, and use technology to lead healthy, productive, and fulfilling lives.
- The National Coalition for Literacy Advocacy Clearinghouse and Toolkit – Advocating for public policies that support adult literacy.
- The National Coalition for Literacy Blog – share information and insights with adult education advocates, practitioners, and students around the country.
- The US Department of Education Office of Vocational and Adult Education – The Division of Adult Education and Literacy (DAEL) promotes programs that help American adults get the basic skills they need to be productive workers, family members, and citizens.